Does such a thing exist: Non-twist camera plate for quick release systems.?

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Questions thread
OP plevyadophy Veteran Member • Posts: 4,258
Re: Does such a thing exist: Non-twist camera plate for quick release systems.?

markkuk wrote:

plevyadophy wrote:

But unless I am missing something, looking at the images (Manfrotto don't tend to describe their products very well anyway), I don't see the mechanism that prevents those plates twisting under the camera body.

This picture should show the "mechanism"

Manfrotto non-twist plate on a Pentax K20D

It might not be compatible with cameras that have articulated displays or curved shapes.

Super!! That's just what I needed, an image (I am a very visual person). It would be great if manufacturers did the same, so you could actually see how the product marries up to your camera or whatever kit (the Manfrotto site is pretty useless in that regard).

Does the screw slide backwards and forwards in the plate for positioning to suit different size/thickness of cameras?

And as for your point that perhaps this plate may not work well with cams with articulated displays, I think what I would do in such a case is fit the plate so that the lip of the plate is in contact with the front of the camera body. This would of course mean that one would now be working with the quick release lever to the front of the camera, on the side of the tripod head furthest away from them, rather than as you have it in the piture above.

And I think the plate woudl be fine with curved camera bodies provided the curve angle wasn't too extreme.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow