Does such a thing exist: Non-twist camera plate for quick release systems.?

Started Jan 10, 2013 | Questions thread
OP plevyadophy Veteran Member • Posts: 4,258
Re: Don't really have much trouble with the basic Manfrotto plate ...

Ron Poelman wrote:

you can apply worrying amounts of force with that fold out key arrangement they have.

If you just need more grip, why not cut up one of the newer rubber gloves available
nowadays, make a rectangular washer with a hole for the screw and glue it to the plate ?

Hmm, interesting. I like your thinking. But I am sure it would work. My current cheapo quick releases have, what appears at first blush, very good rubbery surfaces and I still get camera twist.

So I think I am gonna go for one of the custom designed things recommended by some of the other other posters in this thread.

Thanks for the help.

Warm regards,

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow