Started Jan 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Donald B
Donald B OP Veteran Member • Posts: 5,892
Re: mixed photos from my holidays

Mikedigi wrote:

Donald B wrote:

Hi everyone just a mixed bag from fz150-xz1

I like them all. The "How?" pic for me is the first one and I'm guessing it was close macro not tele-macro, resting your wrists on the grass, using the LCD swivelled and spot-focussing on the eyes? f6.3 for depth of field. Very clever.

And the eyes are great . . . look as if they were borrowed from a cat.

Not easy, and excellent, anyway.

Mike

thanks Mike,

close guess. this crab showed up from nowhere, grabbed the 150 screwed the canon 500d macro filter on, mounted the camera on a mini tripod 100mm above the ground. and moved around for the perfect lighting effect which makes all the difference, the filter gives a great 500mm working distance and fantastic out of focus blurr (eat your hearts out dslr owners) love this combination and can easily match my k7 with a 105 2.5 macro attached. the swivel screen is awsome i will never buy another camera with out one. the 150 also give more control than my slr with much faster shutter speeds for dof control.

cheers don

-- hide signature --

another year has gone, just cleared my 200 gallery images will start all over again, thanks to everyone that took the time to look.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow