Adapter+teleconverter+lens without aperture ring? Still works?
For just 15€ I can get a used Soligor 2x teleconverter (edit: model is Soligor 2x MC7) to experiment with the following (cheap) 70-300mm lens I have: Minolta AF 75-300 F4.5-5.6 D
A also cheap adapter is under way and I should get it within a week.
Image quality is not really of importance right now; this is just experimenting various focal lengths with the least money possible, with my Nex-6.
- Question is: will I be able to control the aperture (manually) with this setup?
Because this lens doesn't have an aperture ring...
The adapter under way has an embedded aperture ring.
As I understand it, the teleconverter would fit between the adapter and the lens right, and there are no mechanisms in the teleconverter to transmit the settings of the aperture from the adapter to the lens?
Thanks in advance!
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Jan 11, 2013|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Flower in flower by atdigit|
from Random Items Challenge 26
|Surface tension by atdigit|
from Right in the middle
|A Normal Dat at Thomas's Clap 2016-9379 by Andrew Maltzoff|
from Show us SCHOOL!