Canon EF 100-400mm f4.5-5.6L IS
Is this a sudden change whereas everything worked fine before?
Don't know. First noticed isue recently while attempting city skyline from 1 mile+. Prior use was all close in.
There's a mode switch for 1.8m-infinity or 6.5m-infinity near the AF-MF switch. Does it make any difference if you slide this to one or the other.
Made no difference.
Have you tried the lens on another camera body? Cleaned the contacts on the lens and camera?
Yes, both. I may try another round of cleaning. Sending the lens to Canon would be a last resort, having heard too many sad tales.
Thanks, Nick. Very much appreciate the input.
Just some thoughts.
Nick-- hide signature --
photography -- a compatible blend of tech and art --
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Orange-tip Butterfly by anisah|
from Nature's Colour Palette
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power