Sigma 19mm and Sigma 30mm, 50mm next?

Started Jan 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
mpetersson Regular Member • Posts: 362
Re: Sigma 19mm and Sigma 30mm, 50mm next?

mikew5163 wrote:

I believe the construction of the lenses for the DP cameras is quite different to that of the E mount and M43 lenses. There are economies of scale in them producing the same lens for those two mounts though, of course.

What would be even better would be if they could produce something like a 12 or 14mm lens of the same optical quality as the 19 and 30mm and a similar price point. It needn't even be f2.8 - f4 would do!

Yes, an affordable 12mm would be great. I really enjoy using both the 19mm and the 30mm, they give a lot of bang for the buck to say the least. But the 19mm is not an ideal focal-length, it's not really wide enough for my needs. F4 would definitely be enough for a 12mm, and a smaller aperture might make it easier to produce an affordable lens. Honestly, if it performs well it could cost almost twice as much as the 19mm and still be a decent bargain...

mpetersson's gear list:mpetersson's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha a7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow