new Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 again? But now with weather sealing for sports?

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
joger
OP joger Veteran Member • Posts: 4,830
Re: new Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 again? But now with weather sealing for sports?

kjbkix wrote:

They announced this a while ago - it's one of their new models sporting the revamped look and "use type" badge. The others are the 35mm 1.4 (ART) and 17-70 (CONTEMPORARY). This one is the pilot lens for the (SPORTS) line. I was also surprised they redid this one already but whatever, new lenses are a good thing.

sure - a new Ford or Chrysler is a nice thing as long as you don't want to sell the old version.

When I sold my 100-300 f/4.0 the guy who bought it thought it was the new version and I still lost almost 1/3 of the significantly reduced price I payed.

Using a plastic bag is no real option for me

Amazing how Sigma introduces one lens after the other - good for shopper not so fortunate for owners.

I tend to sell lenses every once and a while

Sold all my Nikon gear four years ago after using it for up to 12 years - with no loss except inflation

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Leica APO-Telyt-M 135mm f/3.4 ASPH Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA Sony FE 12-24mm F4 +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow