new Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 again? But now with weather sealing for sports?

Started Jan 7, 2013 | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
joger
joger Veteran Member • Posts: 4,504
new Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 again? But now with weather sealing for sports?

Do I get that right?

Again a new Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 OS HSM but now with weather sealing?

It's obviously a new tripod mount and some minor optically differences to the 2012 version.

If this is really true my reservations to buy any Sigma product get even more reasons.

I know short product cycles but 1 year - come on - this is crazy - please tell me I am reading the posting wrong!

2012: Sigma 120-300 f/2.8

2013: Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 - but now obviously for sports and thus with weather selling

1st - I did not know tha the old version had no weather sealing and 2ndly I am surprised to see a new lens of the new lens - this is crazy - IMHO

If I just had bought a 2012 model I would freak out - the used prices will be directly impacted by that and those lenses are not really cheap - even Sigma charges a hefty price tag fur fast tele-zooms if they start to be good.

Good news of course for all those out wanting a fast 300 mm lens with weather sealing.

-- hide signature --

“The horizon of many people is a circle with zero radius which they call their point of view.” Albert Einstein

joger's gear list:joger's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R III Leica APO-Telyt-M 135mm f/3.4 ASPH Zeiss Loxia 21mm F2.8 Sony FE 85mm F1.4 GM Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA +8 more
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow