Panasonic GH3 Tips and Tricks Setup Guide Video

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
RicksAstro
RicksAstro Veteran Member • Posts: 3,642
Re: Panasonic GH3 Tips and Tricks Setup Guide Video / Great video.

mpgxsvcd wrote:

I also believe that filming it through another high quality camera does give an accurate representation. The camera is designed to mimic our eye. It has filters in place to cut out light our eye can't see and lenses that are designed to mimic our field of view.

I disagree with that statement.   Myself, using the zoom lens on the HX9V, am able to make the GH3's EVF look from perfect to crappy just by varying the focal length.   I just chose a focal length that matched what I saw visually.   Lenses do NOT mimic the eye...eyes have a fixed focal length and a certain, variable aperture stop.   The angle of the light rays can be radically different in a lens than ones eye.

This, and the fact that several people have tried several cameras with the same results, leads me to support the theory that the vast majority of the EVF's in the GH3 are the same and that it's peoples eye properties that are different.    Notice I didn't say they are all good or bad, just the same.

For someone whose eye properties (position, diopter, iris, astigmatism...) are incompatible with a clear GH3 view, then most GH3s have a problem.   For those who don't, then most GH3s have great EVFs.

To counter this theory, we have to find someone who has used multiple GH3s set to the exact same diopter and find large differences between copies.

The only clear thing is more data is needed.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow