Life Library Of Photography

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
PSCL1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,770
Re: Life Library Of Photography

I too have the entire set.  The volumes and sections on equipment are totally obsolete.  The 'picture books' of the series (e.g. "The Great Themes') have classic Life photos and others in the public domain.   The essentials of the entire series were once condensed into a single volume as the digital era dawned.

The 45-degree mirror device, or a similar one, was once offered by Fred Spira's legendary Spiratone company in New York City,  A couple of years ago they were still a small-scale mail-order (maybe internet too?) outfit with a few items.  In addition to an unmatched inventory of gadgets, they offered the classic 'Spiratone 400' f6.3 T-mount manual aperture lens for $34.95 (I think $5 for a case, another $5 for the hood), with which I made numerous more-than-acceptable backyard  pictures of pileated woodpeckers when stopped down to f8 and on a tripod.   They also sold high speed Sigma lenses including 85 1.8,  the blunderbuss 135 f1.8, and a 1000 mm 'Russian MTO' mirror lens.   I still have and use a $1 plastic lens case just right for a 50 mm.

PSCL1's gear list:PSCL1's gear list
Leica X1 Nikon D80 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Sony Alpha NEX-3N +27 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow