HP Premium Plus Photo Paper

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Discussions thread
Hugowolf Forum Pro • Posts: 12,674
Re: HP Premium Plus Photo Paper

fft81 wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

fft81 wrote:

Hugowolf wrote:

You have to love HP analysis of HP papers. Paper is either acid free or it isn't, forget about 'industry standards'. What industry standards are we talking about, the BS and Euphemism industry?

Either the Ph is higher than 7 or it isn't.

Brian A

Actually PH=7 is neutral; acidic is below 7.

Exactly, so lower than 7 would be acidic and 7 or higher would not. Neutral is neither acid nor alkali. I occasionally brew beer, but I don't know what that has to do with photography and printing.

With such abundance of dirt cheap hp paper on ebay i find it wierd that i cant find any non-hp conducted light fastness tests for misc inks.

It seems most of the external testing is done on pigment inks. Apart from Mark's testing, I see very little data on paper color fastness and much more on the longevity of the inks on the paper. Given how few printers thare are with white inks, paper color shifts are as important as any other color shift.

also i find it weird that if hp paper sux that they still make so much of it.

I think they sell a lot of it to people with HP all-in-one printers. I am sure it is a much larger market than fine art printing. I haven't seen many office supply stores selling 300 g/m² cotton rag.

There is nothing wrong with it. I have seen some very nice surfaces on HP papers. I just wouldn't expect too much in the way of longevity.

Brian A

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD xrdbear
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow