Decent film camera?

Started Jan 5, 2013 | Questions thread
gear1box Senior Member • Posts: 1,495
Re: Be careful reliving the past

Erik Magnuson wrote:

Thomas Kachadurian wrote:

I still find both of these things of beauty. Makes me want to start collecting cameras from my past.

This can become dangerous to your back account (and shelf space.) First you start collecting cameras you used to own. Then maybe the one(s) you remember your parents using when you were a child. Then you decide to try the cameras you always wanted but could not afford. Then you find even more interesting cameras that you never heard of. Next thing you know you have more cameras than you will ever have time to shoot.

-- hide signature --

Erik

Golly, Erik, these words are pure wisdom.

I have a shelf of dearly loved AIS lenses from my film days and three bodies (FM, F100, and FM3a).  All these were bought and used in the film era (well, not many rolls through the FM3a).

But, gosh, i can get a much lusted for F3HP for so cheap now, and that F2 with the DP12 finder is sooo exquisite.  I always wanted one!  So far i have resisted.

But i have the funds at this point in my life . . .

I will say this, though:  as a purely photographic film-based tool, my favorite of the entire group would still be the FM3a.  What a machine for rudder-and-stick photography; all you need and nothing you don't.

-- hide signature --

gary

--
Semi-professional in early 1970s; just a putzer since then. interests: historical sites, virginia, motorcycle racing. A nikon user more by habit than choice; still, nikon seems to work well for me.

gear1box's gear list:gear1box's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D810 Olympus E-PL7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow