Started Jan 4, 2013 | Questions thread
fotobert
fotobert Contributing Member • Posts: 910
Re: Pentax Full-Frame

Hi Alex,

Alex Sarbu wrote:

fotobert wrote:

Hi Mike,

I think, this is just the point (see also Alex' post right before) - first they had F, then FA, then DFA, now every new lens is a DA (not sure about the 100 mm Macro WR). They do no longer state lenses FF as they do not have it in mind.

It would be interesting to see, maybe they'll re-label FF-compatible DA lenses? Or they will just publish a compatibility table?

Anyway, I'm not expecting a FF lens line (I'm talking about names, not optical/mechanical design) until the FF announcement.

Re-labelling would not be user-friendly, too much confusion. Canon has EF and EF-S, Nikon has FX and DX labelled lenses. That is pretty easy, you clearly know what kind of lens you have. The newly introduced 1.8/50 could be a FF lens regarding the vignetting, the 2.4/35 - well I don't know

The lens roadmap clearly says NO to FF, if it is compete.

Just my opinion. I would have enough FF lenses to go out and shoot if you give me a Pentax FF.

This, and simultaneously launching 2+ lenses, and a lens roadmap. We don't need a full lens line from day 1.

But they would at least need 3 zooms like 16-35, 24-120, 80-200. They started even better with the 645D, still having 13 FA lenses and 2 TCs.

Have a nice day

Albert

Alex

And again - have a nice day

Albert

fotobert's gear list:fotobert's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 II Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 50mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow