Olympus OMD EM-5 file numbering issues
Check the following menu options.
- Menu>Gears>H Record Erase>Filename (Options are Auto or Reset)
- Menu>Gears>H Record/Erase>Edit Filename
From the manual
- [Auto]: Even when a new card is inserted, the file numbers are retained from the previous card. File numbering continues from the last number used or from the highest number available on the card.
- [Reset]: When you insert a new card, the folder numbers starts at 100 and the file name starts at 0001. If a card containing images is inserted, the file numbers start at the number following the highest file number on the card
See my post http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50600338 for information on Edit Filename.
If you have
- Set the Filename to RESET
- and changed the file naming system (using Edit Filename) from the default to something other than (x,OFF,OFF,OFF)
- You delete images or reformat the card between shoots.
then you may get duplicate filenames even if you shoot on different days.
You will also find that if you are using Filename = Auto and your sequence number "clocks over" 9999 you will get lower numbers for later photos.
e.g. Photos taken today with the numbers clocking over would be named in the following order
- P1050000 (Not sure if this number will occur)
- P1050001 (Will appear in a new folder on the card)
I suspect that one of the above situations will apply to you.
Regards, Peter 'Keep taking the photos'
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%