Olympus OMD EM-5 file numbering issues
Check the following menu options.
- Menu>Gears>H Record Erase>Filename (Options are Auto or Reset)
- Menu>Gears>H Record/Erase>Edit Filename
From the manual
- [Auto]: Even when a new card is inserted, the file numbers are retained from the previous card. File numbering continues from the last number used or from the highest number available on the card.
- [Reset]: When you insert a new card, the folder numbers starts at 100 and the file name starts at 0001. If a card containing images is inserted, the file numbers start at the number following the highest file number on the card
See my post http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50600338 for information on Edit Filename.
If you have
- Set the Filename to RESET
- and changed the file naming system (using Edit Filename) from the default to something other than (x,OFF,OFF,OFF)
- You delete images or reformat the card between shoots.
then you may get duplicate filenames even if you shoot on different days.
You will also find that if you are using Filename = Auto and your sequence number "clocks over" 9999 you will get lower numbers for later photos.
e.g. Photos taken today with the numbers clocking over would be named in the following order
- P1050000 (Not sure if this number will occur)
- P1050001 (Will appear in a new folder on the card)
I suspect that one of the above situations will apply to you.
Regards, Peter 'Keep taking the photos'
|Bianca Buitendag-7809 by vbuhay|
|Sunrise in Paradise by OB Foto|
from Booby Prize
|The Battle for the Lead by Photo Pete|
from Bicycle sports
|Cecelia's Eyes by Madeleine Hart|
from - Jenny from the Block - (Colors that pop + A white Border)