New Year's Geese and a New Update for the PMH Program

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Stephen McDonald
OP Stephen McDonald Forum Pro • Posts: 13,500
Re: 2.0 Update for the PMH Program----Reasons to Keep It

infraRaven wrote:

I wish the Sony software would show all camera settings in the info (EXIF) e.g., if handheld mode was used, HDR, etc.

If you go to Tools and then Settings, you can check the boxes for more information to be added, such as F-number and ISO.

And a real highlight for me would be if all effects like HDR-paint could be added with this software to any RAW file. The software from Olympus did so, when I had the XZ-1. That was really great.

I had tried the Sony software in my sandbox and deleted it just an hour later.

I don't think Sony intended to make this a complete photo-processing program. There's probably a high percentage of those who buy their fixed-lens cameras, who would have little interest in the features it does have. I use it for importing, photo re-sizing and video trimming and combining, as well as for vid-caps, which it does very well.

There's complete processing programs, some of them free, such as FastStone, but most of them don't do the tasks I described as well as Play Memories Home 2.0. It's worth keeping on your computer just for the things it does better. I don't know of any other free program that will trim and combine 50p or 60p video, leaving it in its native format.

-- hide signature --

Steve McDonald
My Flickr Album
My Vimeo Video Album
My Places on Google Earth Click on My Places on Skydrive

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow