DP1 Merrill shot yesterday
Took the DP1 Merrill to Yellowstone yesterday and shot this at the foot of Osprey Falls on the Gardner River.
An example of a shot in dark shade shooting toward the low sun and bright clouds. The camera captured all of
the highlights, but the whole photo looks harsh and too cold. I warmed it to some extent in SPP, but shifted the
color still more toward yellow in Photoshop.
The DP1m seems to infuse shadows with strong blue casts. The images of dark snow in
shade also real quite a bit of magenta around image margins--now less apparent with color adjustments.
The image is remarkably sharp, shot at 100 iso and auto focus.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but areas in red in SPP processing actually appear to hold highlight values when adjusted
further in Phtotshop. Is the SPP image treated as if just a jpg?
This is where the battery died after 150 or so shots.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%