Panasonic GH3 Tips and Tricks Setup Guide Video

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
jim stirling
jim stirling Veteran Member • Posts: 7,356
Re: Panasonic GH3 Tips and Tricks Setup Guide Video / Great video.

jim stirling wrote:

mpgxsvcd wrote:

RicksAstro wrote:

mpgxsvcd wrote:

Here is the link to the article that was just published on dpreview.

http://www.dpreview.com/articles/7049743736/gh3-initial-setup-guide-and-issues

I'd suggest changing the wording on issue 2 from:

"Without a doubt the GH3 has a halo issue with the EVF"

to:

"Without a doubt my GH3 has a halo issue with the EVF"

or:

"There are some GH3 users which are reporting their EVFs are not clear, showing a halo effect depending on their eye placement."

Your statement makes it sound like all GH3 have blurry EVFs under all circumstances, and they most certainly are not.

-- hide signature --

I still have yet to see a clear video that shows the GH3 EVF text without the Halo. However, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Wow, that is really nice of you to condescendingly give those of us categorically stating we have no problems with our EVF {there are many of us in the same boat}. I am happy to accept that “you” and others have problems, despite the extremely unconvincing images and videos that supposedly demonstrate the issues, when they have been taken with all sorts of camera/lens combinations none of which are designed to reliably mimic the view of a human eye looking through a viewfinder. Here is a crazy idea instead of holding on to it why not either return it to the shop you bought it from or send it to Panasonic for repair as you obviously think it is faulty

Jim

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D810 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow