I am returning my 3rd RX100 to Amazon.

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
GingerBread Regular Member • Posts: 384
Re: I am returning my 3rd RX100 to Amazon.

If you want to do any future business with Amazon, then you should probably stop with the returns and buy elsewhere.  Three returns of a single camera model are a lot, even if for perfectly valid reasons. If a camera works properly and has a low shutter count, I'd never return it. The stores with generous return policies quite often repackage them and sell them as new; it is part of getting such generous return policies. Amazon is not alone in this practice. Saying that the packaging doesn't look new to you is not a sufficient reason to return it. I've seen many Nikon buyers complain because their DSLR was in an unsealed box, immediately assuming that it must be used. It turned out that everyone in that thread who bought that particular Nikon did not get a sealed box. Apparently Nikon did not ship them with a sealed box. Unless you plan to never use the camera, why get upset that it might have a few shots taken when you get it?

-- hide signature --

Ging

GingerBread's gear list:GingerBread's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D700 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
SDF
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow