Upgrading - stick with Micro Four Thirds or go DSLR?

Started Jan 3, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
romoorio New Member • Posts: 4
Upgrading - stick with Micro Four Thirds or go DSLR?

Hi,

I've had a Panasonic GF2 for a few years now, and am looking to upgrade to move on with my photography. I feel the GF2 lets me down in low light (especially indoors), and I often get soft-focus shots (my theory is the lack of a viewfinder, but might just be my own ineptitude).

I was thinking about buying an APS-C DSLR, something like the Nikon D5100, but then the Olympus OM-D E-M5 caught my attention. The image quality sounds as good as most APS-Cs, and I'll be able to use my existing lenses.

My question is, will sticking with Micro Four Thirds ultimately limit me? Camera size isn't an issue, as I'll still have the GF2 for my pocket. I'm thinking if I start buying, say, Nikon lenses, I'll ultimately be able to upgrade to full frame if I want to. I also like the prospect of picking up old lenses second-hand. Saying that, using my existing lenses with the E-M5 is very attractive, and the performance of that camera may be all I ever need (I have no intention to go pro).

Sorry, bit of a loose question there, but I wondered if anyone was facing a similar decision, or could suggest some factors I hadn't thought of?

Thanks,

Robin

ANSWER:
Nikon D5100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow