V2 again in the Jungles of Honduras

Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Bobby Handal
OP Bobby Handal Veteran Member • Posts: 5,581
Re: V2 again in the Jungles of Honduras

Thanks Trudy !

Well, I have a good variety of cameras depending on what Im going to do or go. I have a full micro 4/3 system, a full FX/DX Nikon system and a few other toys.

Having said this , when I mean comfortable I mean with the Image Quality mainly, the capabilities of the camera itself, its downfalls , etc.

A camera is just an instrument, in the case of the V1 and V2 for me, they are crop cameras or teleconverters per say, that allow me to use my existing lenses with more magnification, that simple. However, these cameras have some nice features like fast FPS, accurate focus, small size, digital /silent shutter, all this very important in my photography.

It is a shame that nikon intentionally has crippled a few things in order not to compete against their DX and FX line, but I honestly think that their thinking is wrong, it should be considered complementary system, specially for Macro and super tele work.

The V1 and V2 have a viewfinder, so if you come from a DSLR you will not miss much. Would I sell my DX/FX system for a V2 ? maybe a DX but never FX.

Trudy33 wrote:

these are really lovely shots.

did it take you long to get comfortable using the v2 coming from a dslr?

thank you

Trudy

-- hide signature --

www.photoexpedition.net
www.fotoclubhonduras.com
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/bobhandal/BANNERXPEDITION1.jpg

Bobby Handal's gear list:Bobby Handal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Nikon Coolpix AW130 Nikon Coolpix P900 Olympus TG-5 +75 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
FKS
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow