Gitzo GT1542T Series 1 Traveler Tripod and Markins Q3t with knob release, setup questions
I just bought the Gitzo GT1542T Series 1 Traveler Tripod and Markins Q3t ballhead with knob release. Finally ALL the parts arrived and I am playing with them and checking them out.
Now I need some help with setup because instructions were much less than desired: Here are my questions:
1. Do I mount the Q3t head on top of the provided power plate/disc ? I can remove this small round plate/disc and mount the head directly on the center column but it does not look right that way.
2. How tightly screwed I should keep the power plate ? Just hand tight or ??? Not sure because instruction say nothing about it
3. How tightly screwed should I keep be the Q3t on the power plate? No instructions on that either?
4. What things I should inspect in the tripod and ballhead to insure there are no quality issues? I would like to do it before the 14 day return period is over.
BTW I love the tripod and ballhead's look and feel. It is very light setup and pretty sturdy. I think this will be great travel kit for me and would last me a long time
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Jan 2, 2013|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%