New Year's Geese and a New Update for the PMH Program

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 35,667
Re: Thanks Larry and Bill

Stephen McDonald wrote:

Well, I think the Sony PMH program is very good. For me, the high-points are photo re-sizing and video trimming and combining. You can leave the videos in their native 60p format and do those things. And the vid-cap feature is excellent. The shots on my first post were captured by the program in my computer. I see that the new 2.0 version has more processing features. It is also useful for uploading photos and videos. It's worth giving a try.

You may have to connect the camera to get the first version and then upgrade it. The process of uploading the program from the camera is complicated, but I managed to do it. The photo re-sizing has the option to set the quality on the highest level of 6 and this seems to improve and clean up the images. It gives the re-sized versions about 50% more bits-per-pixel than the full-sized photos. And I've always thought that there could never be too many Canada Geese.

That's the priviledge of everyone...To disagree...To each his own, Steve

Cheers

-- hide signature --
 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony RX100 III +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow