New Year's Geese and a New Update for the PMH Program

Started Jan 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Bill Borne
Bill Borne Forum Pro • Posts: 31,576
Re: Thanks Larry and Bill

Stephen McDonald wrote:

Well, I think the Sony PMH program is very good. For me, the high-points are photo re-sizing and video trimming and combining. You can leave the videos in their native 60p format and do those things. And the vid-cap feature is excellent. The shots on my first post were captured by the program in my computer. I see that the new 2.0 version has more processing features. It is also useful for uploading photos and videos. It's worth giving a try.

You may have to connect the camera to get the first version and then upgrade it. The process of uploading the program from the camera is complicated, but I managed to do it. The photo re-sizing has the option to set the quality on the highest level of 6 and this seems to improve and clean up the images. It gives the re-sized versions about 50% more bits-per-pixel than the full-sized photos. And I've always thought that there could never be too many Canada Geese.

-- hide signature --

Steve McDonald
My Flickr Album
My Vimeo Video Album
My Places on Google Earth Click on My Places on Skydrive

That's the priviledge of everyone...To disagree...To each his own, Steve

Cheers

-- hide signature --
 Bill Borne's gear list:Bill Borne's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Sony RX100 III Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H5 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow