Being coerced to shoot a wedding. I need HELP! Please chime in.

Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
OP Sony Alpha Shooter Junior Member • Posts: 40
Re: Being coerced to shoot a wedding. I need HELP! Please chime in.

Jim Funston wrote:

Zach, You kinda in a pickle huh? But you are wise enough to know it ......

I would strongly suggest getting out with a Pro Wedding photographer on a couple of his assignments. Many Pro's welcome free assistants and would gladly let you go along if you were of some assistance to them as well. I used to do weddings and events way back in the 60's and 70's and felt if you shot one wedding you basically shot them all.

I you do it for pay you assume certain liabilities as well so make sure you have backups for your backups......... Know what is or is not allowed in the church they are using. Get a lay of the land there and see if they allow remote camera's positioned around the location. Get a helper if you can that you trust.

I have seen your work here and know that will not be an issue but each genre of photography has it's peculiarities that are learned over time and experience. Personally I never shot a wedding after graduating college because I went directly into the corporate world and no longer needed beer money. I did so many of them that I ended up hating doing them but that was back in the days of film so I know the pressure would be much less today with digital.

Best of luck deciding what you will do with this situation.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow