Being coerced to shoot a wedding. I need HELP! Please chime in.

Started Dec 31, 2012 | Discussions thread
Budvarholsten
Budvarholsten Contributing Member • Posts: 661
Re: Being coerced to shoot a wedding. I need HELP! Please chime in.

It's a dilemma for sure.

I've recently had a similar situation and I turned the people down. I know I'm capable of them (I did a couple a few years ago) but the pressure is unreal compared to anything else I've done photography wise.

It's amazing how many people will put on you and expect things for free. I've done loads of family portraits, kids shots, couple's shots etc in my studio for free. It's amazing how many people aren't quite as willing to pay when I started charging even though my work is (in their words, not mine) amazing, brilliant, way better than the pro guys   in our area.

If you want to shoot weddings then I'd advise you tag along with a pro as a second shooter/gopher for a few first and see how they do it. Also remember you need insurance, no matter how nice a bride seems, she won't hesitate to sue if you cock up her big day!

-- hide signature --

www.holmax.com
Once I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken!

Budvarholsten's gear list:Budvarholsten's gear list
Sony a99 II Sony 70-200mm F2.8 G Sony 16-35mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 85mm F1.4 ZA Carl Zeiss Planar T* +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow