A 'hidden cost' of being a pro Locked

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
Michael Fryd
Michael Fryd Veteran Member • Posts: 9,346
Re: Just The Normal Cost Of Doing Business...

Ho72 wrote:

Michael Fryd wrote:

I'm not sure what this has to do with any current model Mac.

The connection eludes you because I edited it out of my original post. I went on in those two paragraphs about today's Macs (and their disciples) vs modern PCs (and their users) but decided I really wasn't interested in sifting through any counter points or testimonials from those who've been enraptured by the Mac experience.

It's a computer, not a gift from God.

Absolutely.  The Mac is just another tool available to use.  It is not a gift from God, and therefore is neither inherently good nor inherently evil.  The Mac has both advantages and disadvantages.  Mentioning something good about the Mac is not proof that one is "enraptured by the Mac experience."

Personally, there are lots of things I don't like about the Mac, and lots I don't like about Apple.  This doesn't change the fact that Apple does get many things right.

As to problems with the old Mac hardware/software, I think it's irrelevant to our current discussion.

If we were talking about buying a new lens, it would make sense to discuss the models currently available today, not ones discontinues 10 years ago.

I have an old Canon 17-35L f/2.8 lens.  It's not a great lens.  Canon discontinued it long ago and replaced it with the 16-35 f/2.8L, which was recently replaced with the 16-35L f/2.8 II.  Today's 16-35 bears little relation to my old 17-35.

If we were discussing Canon's current wide angle lineup, there would be no need to mention problems of the long discontinued 17-35.

If we are discussing useful software features (i.e. easy migration of software to a new computer), there is no need to discuss software and hardware that was discontinued long ago.

Michael Fryd's gear list:Michael Fryd's gear list
Nikon Coolpix AW130 Canon EOS D60 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS 5D Mark IV +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
eNo
eNo
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow