People using their tablets as cameras, explain this to me!

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 20,358
Re: can't beat the size of that viewfinder!

ljfinger wrote:

T3 wrote:

ljfinger wrote:

And I've definitely seen plenty of examples that support this. I had a friend who recently came back from a trip with a bunch of gorgeous photos all taken with his iPhone.

All boring shots of stationary subjects in good light, no doubt.

Uh-huh, yeah, you'd probably say the same thing if you came across Ansel Adams using a field camera on a wooden tripod, too!

Pretty much, yes. Landscapes are mostly all boring.

"Boring shots of stationary subjects in good light!" Apparently, to you, anything that isn't shot at high frame frame and high shutter speed to stop fast action in crummy light is just "boring shots".

No, I prefer shots of subjects that are doing something - like people, animals, airplanes, etc. The surroundings are just background. Astrophotography is an exception since it's so much less mundane than our common surroundings here on Earth.

If I'm going to bother with a "beautiful sky" or something, I like to include an actual subject. I also like a challenge.

This was a horribly difficult shot. The light is low, the shutter speed is intentionally slow to preserve blade motion blur to give the appearance of motion, I was outside freezing and I was being heavily buffeted by the wind.

Yes, how open-minded of you. LOL. I guess by your criteria (ie. shots of stationary subjects in good light), that classifies quite a LOT of very good photography in the world as being "boring" photography.

True.

Good to see that you're finally accepting that you have a very narrow world perspective.  LOL.  Landscapes: boring.  Stationary subjects: boring.  Good light: boring.  Shots that aren't "horribly difficult": boring.  EVF: garbage.  Smart phone photos: garbage.  Anyone not using a "real" camera: garbage.  I could go on and on, but I think we all get the point.  LOL.  As the saying goes, "Hater's gonna hate."  Oh well, such is the diversity of life and people.

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Samsung NX30 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
tko
BJL
BJL
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
MOD darkref
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow