Looking for ND Filters for Both Video and Photos
I'm possibly getting the Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm f/0.95 lens. With that wide of an aperture, I'm going to need an ND filter. I have a GH2, and do some video work, so I'm looking to get a variable ND filter. I was looking at the Lightcraft Fader Mark II. I just saw a video and someone else used it, and it looked nice, but I don't really know how it compares to other brands. i'm not looking to spend much though.
I also would love to be able to take some photos too, and I've read that variable NDs are not good for photos. If there was a variable ND for both photo and video, that would be great. If not, I'm trying to find some good ND filters to get. I saw a kit that had .3, .6, .9, and 1.2. I wanted to ask, can you stack these? Like for example, if I need 6 stops down, I use the 1.2 and .6 together.
So if anyone could tell me which to get, that would be great.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%