People using their tablets as cameras, explain this to me!

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 20,327
Re: can't beat the size of that viewfinder!

ljfinger wrote:

T3 wrote:

OK, we get it: Anything that doesn't fit into your narrow world perspective is garbage. LOL.

You don't appear to get it. I'll quote myself to help you:

"...people are gravitating to the weakest acceptable solution, rather than the best solution."

No, I don't think YOU get it: not everyone needs the "best" to get enjoyment. Some people absolutely need the "best", otherwise they just hate life. Those people aren't any happier. In fact, they are probably a lot less happy than the rest of us. The rest of us understand when good is good enough, and can derive enjoyment out of something even if it's not the empirical "best."

Furthermore, even today's so-called "weakest acceptable solution" (according to you) are still often a lot better than yesteryear's supposedly superior solutions. For example, as this article discusses, "today's smartphone cameras are already better than point-n-shoot cameras from 5 years ago."

http://us.gizmodo.com/5950400/todays-smartphone-cameras-are-already-better-than-point+and+shoot-cameras-from-5-years-ago

Of course, the very technical-minded people can't stand this notion.  But artists care more about the end result, rather than the type of paint brush or chisel that was used to produce the result.  When you look at the iphoneography site (http://www.iphoneography.com/), you can clearly see that art and vision trumps technical hardware measurebating.

And I've definitely seen plenty of examples that support this. I had a friend who recently came back from a trip with a bunch of gorgeous photos all taken with his iPhone. I was simply amazed at how great they looked. Frankly, you would never know that they were taken with a smart phone if you weren't told. Ultimately, when you look at the photos, you don't even *care* that they happened to be taken with a smart phone. You're just left to enjoy the photo. And that's the way it should be. But for someone like yourself, if you were to be told they were shot with a smart phone or a tablet, you would immediately jump to the pre-determined conclusion that "they are garbage" rather than simply being able to enjoy the photo for what it was. The notion that a good photo can be taken with a mobile device like a smart phone or tablet would not fit into your narrow world perspective, and your prejudices and biases would kick in: "it's garbage!"

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Samsung NX30 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
tko
BJL
BJL
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
MOD darkref
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow