Best selling mirrorless cameras in Japan for 2012

Started Dec 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
YouDidntDidYou Senior Member • Posts: 1,576
Re: Best selling mirrorless cameras in Japan for 2012

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

MichaelKJ wrote:

BCN has published aggregated unit sales data for 2012 (through Dec 24).

Olympus 28.8%, Panasonic 21.4%, Sony 18.4%, Nikon 13.3%, Pentax 7.1%, Canon 2.1%

The top 20 cameras accounted for 91.1% of total mirrorless sales. Thus, the numbers above do not include each company's share of the remaining 8.9% of sales.

Thank you for this information.

It is impressive the results, the word Nikon after all work for many minds (I am talking only about the first place with the Nikon 1), I think the Canon users also will buy a lot the Canon M.

But this "reality" here, does not matter much for us Micro 4/3 users, because we know well the value of this system both camera and lenses, make Micro 4/3 the best choice for mirrorless. But that is another story. The sales is a different one.

The Nikon 1 at 13% not really impressive in their home market after 15 months and massive advertising and steep price cuts, when Nikon said they would have 50% of the mirrorless market after 6 months!!!!!
living life to the Four Thirds!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow