People using their tablets as cameras, explain this to me!

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 20,792
Re: People using their tablets as cameras, explain this to me!

RobCMad wrote:

But the OP said they could understand people using a phone but couldn't understand why people would use an ipad - do you have anything to say on this topic?

Sure.  It's because they want the final product (the picture or video) to be on their tablet!  Taking a picture with a camera, or a phone camera, then transferring it to their tablet is one less step or hassle they have to deal with.

Furthermore, if you've ever done it yourself, it's easy to see that looking at a big, beautiful 10" screen is just bigger and more beautiful than looking at a 4" screen on a smart phone or a compact camera...especially if your eyes aren't that great, and you're holding the camera up in front of you.  It may be annoying to anyone standing *behind* you, but it's quite a nice view for the person framing the image with the tablet!  If you don't know what I'm talking about, I suggest you go to an Apple store and try it for yourself with an iPad.  I bought an iPad 2 for my parents when it first came out, and they absolutely *love* framing images with that huge iPad screen!  You wouldn't think it would be such a big deal, but to their (aging) eyes it's sheer pleasure.  No need for them to use any eyeglasses.  Plus, I guess going back to framing images with a small 4" screen is a little like going back to watching movies on a 20-27" television after watching on a 40-50" plasma.

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Samsung NX30 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
tko
BJL
BJL
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
MOD darkref
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow