Adobe Bridge with NO photoshop on Windows 7?

Started Dec 30, 2012 | Questions thread
Jim Cockfield Forum Pro • Posts: 16,341
Re: Adobe Bridge with NO photoshop on Windows 7?

Adobe doesn't offer Bridge as a separate product. It's included with their Creative Suite Products, and is not sold as a Stand Alone Application.

Now, they do have a Downloads page with updates to it. But, my guess is that they're going to check to make sure you have CS6 (or an earlier version if you use an earlier update) installed, since Bridge is not offered at a separate product.

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=108&platform=Windows

You'd have to see if one of them would install as a stand alone program without having an existing copy or not. But, probably not, as you'd normally need to buy one of the Creative Suite Products (like Photoshop CS6) to get Bridge.

So, my guess is that the updates will refuse to install on a machine that doesn't have a corresponding copy of CS6 (or an existing copy of Bridge that's the same version you're trying to update).

It wouldn't hurt to try one of the updates (other than the time to download it, unzip it and see if it will install or not).

But, I doubt they'll work unless you have a legal copy of one of the Creative Suite Products (e.g., Photoshop CS6) that you're trying use the Bridge Update with..

-- hide signature --

JimC
------

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow