Nikon service and "Impact Damage"

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
b33g33
b33g33 Senior Member • Posts: 1,102
Re: Nikon service and "Impact Damage"

This is a disconcerting trend.

I'm in the market for a D4/5 type body to replace my D700 and possibly a mirrorless system to replace the D50 (Yes, still going strong!) within the next couple of years and if there are no significant improvements to Nikon service, I'll not be averse to looking elsewhere.

Nikon should keep in mind that we consumers are only sticky up to a certain point. If the Canon-dominated 90's are anything to go by, Nikon better get their act together ASAP. Unlike 1999, this is an age where customers have many, many venues to vent and be heard.

Once a company acquires a reputation for bad customer service, it's extremely hard to change the public's opinion.

I'm curious if there are legal options available to dissatisfied customers? Toyota, for instance, just paid up a $1.7 Billion fine to compensate for all of their quality issues.

-- hide signature --

What you know imprisons you

b33g33's gear list:b33g33's gear list
Nikon D50 Nikon D700 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow