A breather and Perspective ( A bit OT )

Started Dec 22, 2012 | Discussions thread
illy
illy Forum Pro • Posts: 12,160
Re: A breather and Perspective ( A bit OT ) Continued.

Craig from Nevada wrote:

Big Ga wrote:

CollBaxter wrote:

So I would be looking at around $14000 to replace all my stuff.

Collin - sorry if Ive missed the math somewhere, but is this including what you'd get from selling all your current gear? $14K seems like a new system cost rather than a sell and switch. (I remember reading the posts from a number of pros who went from Canon to Nikon in the last few years and many of them ended up not really having much extra expenditure at all - especially when they replaced what they sold with equivalent second hand gear)

Collin didn't net the cost of a new camera--namely an E-7. It appears other than a camera with a new sensor his kit is complete. Figure $2,000 for a new E-7 if one were ever built. This really appears to be driving a lot of people--see Stacey's post from a couple of weeks ago.

the trouble with an E-7 is that it doesn't exactly exist, using it as a reason why he should keep with Olympus and not move on is a bit hard to describe to be honest. He either waits and gets what's available, or he goes and buys something that is currently being sold. It's not a nice position to be in with all the money he has spent.

-- hide signature --

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

illy's gear list:illy's gear list
Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow