Nikon service and "Impact Damage"

Started Dec 17, 2012 | Discussions thread
RBFresno
RBFresno Forum Pro • Posts: 12,535
Warranty card does not need to be sent in

oking23 wrote:

RBFresno wrote:

oking23 wrote:

My Nikon 24-70 lens was recently sent to Melville to have dust removed from interior. It was purchased at B&H in 2009, but it was never registered with Nikon. Three days after mailing it with a copy of the receipt, I contacted customer service and was told that the lens was received and was in the repair department. During the conversation the call was dropped. I received an immediate call back from the representative. She explained that the repair would be covered under the warranty, then sent me an email confirmation. Two days later, the lens was delivered to my office. Not only did they remove the dust, but they also checked various components at no charge.

They've yet to get around to calling dust inside of a lens "impact damage"

Registering the lens is not a requirement to have a valid warranty.

Being the original owner with proof of purchase is.

RB

Please note that failure to register the lens in a timely manner could void the 5-year warranty if Nikon decided to enforce it. The basic warranty is 1 year.

Are yo sure?

Check the applicable laws....

RB

RBFresno's gear list:RBFresno's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D4 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow