People using their tablets as cameras, explain this to me!

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
JulesJ
JulesJ Forum Pro • Posts: 44,935
Re: can't beat the size of that viewfinder!

ljfinger wrote:

T3 wrote:

oki_ wrote:

This is an increasing trend. People carrying around their huge tablets to take pictures, or worse, videos. I can completely understand taking snapshots with your phone, but not with tablets. I fail to comprehend this.

Well, a tablet's screen does make one heck of a large viewfinder!

I wouldn't call it a viewfinder. It's just a very, very ungainly LCD, especially if there's some sort of silly flip-case attached.

Seriously, though, I doubt people are carrying around tablets specifically and exclusively to shoot pictures or video. They just happen to have it with them.

You are wrong. I see parents show up at their kids' school events tablet-in-hand to shoot pictures of their kids. These are events that are planned months in advance.

Plus, while you might decry the use of tablets because you think they are "huge", I'm sure you have no problem with people lugging around big DSLRs and big DSLR lenses to take pictures or shoot video!

A dSLR is 1/4 the size of an iPad.

Not in volume.

Having these idiots put an iPad with flip case up over their head and thereby block the view of everyone behind them makes me want to smash the dumb things with a hammer.

-- hide signature --

Lee Jay
(see profile for equipment)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
tko
BJL
BJL
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
MOD darkref
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow