D800 vs MF Film, not a standard question

Started Nov 7, 2012 | Discussions thread
AZBlue
AZBlue Senior Member • Posts: 1,709
Re: D800 vs MF Film, not a standard question

Dave Luttmann wrote:

Riccis Vallederes and Jonathan Canlas produce beautiful work...as does Polly Chandler....and Susan Burnstine. I just recently started stocking up on Polaroid Type 55 and some Impossible Project film. People have been digging the type 55. Riccis just bought an 11x14. We discussed film types and he's going with Ilford HP5. I scan most of my 4x5 as opposedto doing darkroom work. Clients think if's cool.

Which portrait on your web site, or in your portfolio, is one of those you cited that your clients will pay 3-5x for? I've asked twice, still waiting for a response. You claimed that your clients pay 3-5x the cost of one of your D800 portraits for a 4x5 film portrait. You won't answer my question by proceed to discuss what OTHER photographers (not you) are doing and what film they are using.

You made a serious claim, now stand up and defend it.

-- hide signature --

"I've been in more laps than a napkin" - Mae West

AZBlue's gear list:AZBlue's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow