A77 & a trip to Nepal

Started Dec 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
dscobie62
OP dscobie62 Forum Member • Posts: 74
Re: A77 & a trip to Nepal

OntarioJohn wrote:

Awesome. This is a place I shall never see, and I wish I'd had the chance when I was younger. If I do get on the plane I'm the guy they take on first and get off last.

Other than images, what were your impressions, how would you describe your experiences, and what would you share?

Perhaps you have a blog, I'd be interested in reading about this trip.

I had 4 trips today, and never broke my camera. I'm staying in a chair for a while!

The man who would be king, with Sean Connery had some gripping scenes of Nepal. (Maybe it was just hollywood, who knows? LOL)

-- hide signature --

proud father of an a100, a77, and a99
John D. Conley, Canuck

Hi John,

Going to see Everest was a dream and has been for a very long time, my 50th birthday provided an excuse that my partner was happy to go along with, without her support it would not have been possible.

I spent around 5 days in Kathmandhu and 18 days in the mountains, both parts provide a stark contrast. Kathmandhu is a busy, largely poor city but rich in culture, history and wonderful people. The mountains provide clean air and just incredible scenery. The stand out moments were of course the scenery, the basic living, the people, getting away from the 'rat race' and relaxing.

I did keep a blog going on www.dsnepal.wordpress.com . It is in need of 'cleaning up'; it was written on a small mobile phone so has spelling mistakes, I will also be expanding on my original ramblings in the New Year.

Never seen The man who would be King - must check it out.

Regards

-- hide signature --

www.myeyesview.co.uk

dscobie62's gear list:dscobie62's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow