What Makes a Good Image -- Getting Help From PPG (6 images)

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
6bender Regular Member • Posts: 214
Re: What Makes a Good Image -- Getting Help From PPG (6 images)

Wallace Ross wrote:

I find that PPG steers photographers towards the same images. Granted they will be fine images that hit all the expected compositional notes, but it doesn't encorage experimentation in fact it stifles it. It's like a downward spiral until everyone will only post the same image. Okay that may be extreeme but without constructive feedback it's just a "what is popular?" process.

-- hide signature --

Although I agree with you to a point - if you take out all of the landscape, bird, moth, and portraits of kids and Asian girlfriends there wouldn't be much left - I have had a number of photos accepted that don't "fit in" (although I do have an obligatory moth photo). But that being said, I still find some inspiration from the better work presented in the PPG.

Now if only Pentax would actually do some monitoring and editing to eliminate all of the annoying "every shot from a photo shoot of the same subject" photos. Geesh, can't people edit.

6bender's gear list:6bender's gear list
Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X-Pro2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow