People using their tablets as cameras, explain this to me!

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 20,327
Re: People using their tablets as cameras, explain this to me!

Michael Melb AU wrote:

Someone is better with iPhone than the one with DSLR? Shocking indeed... Ditch your DSLR or take some lessons on it's proper use.

Well, that is an issue isn't it: that you might actually have to take "lessons on it's proper use" to get good results from a DSLR. Sure, while it might be a noble thing to dedicate some time towards lessons or reading a book on how to use a DSLR to get good results, a lot of other people would rather just get good results without all that hassle.

For all the technological firepower that is packed into a DSLR, I too find that my smart phone can take a better exposed and better looking image with far greater convenience and far less hassle than my DSLR, especially if you just want a good snap shot.  My sister, who doesn't know a thing about photography, recently showed me a series of wonderful photo from a recent trip she took...all images shot with her new smart phone.  I was dumbstruck at how good the images looked, straight out of the camera...er, I mean, straight out of the phone.  I can pretty much guarantee that if I had lent her one of my DSLRs for the trip, her images would have come back looking a lot worse, requiring a lot of post processing to get them to look good.  And someone like you or me would have scolded her by saying, "You should take some lessons on its proper use!"

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Samsung NX30 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
tko
BJL
BJL
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
MOD darkref
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow