6D focusing question

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sunpilot Forum Member • Posts: 85
6D focusing question

I'm ready to move up to a FF camera and I have been pondering the 6D and the D600.  I prefer Canon to Nikon, and I am leaning in favor of the 6D, especially with the D600 having some issues, but the price difference certainly gives the D600 an edge, and it has slight advantages in fps, card slots, and pop up flash.

I realize the 6d's slower fps, lack of built in flash, and single card slot are mechanical design limitations, which are just part of this camera's character.

I also have been reading that some people, and reviewers are a little critical of the 6d's af system.  Sluggish, unable to track moving objects, etc.  My question is this:  can the af system be tweaked via future firmware upgrades?  It seems to me more of a software limitation than mechanical...your thoughts would be appreciated....it would help me make my decision

Sunpilot's gear list:Sunpilot's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX110 IS Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow