A 'hidden cost' of being a pro Locked

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,484
Re: Just The Normal Cost Of Doing Business...

PenguinPhotoCo wrote:

Sorry, but you will never convince me apple products work 100% of the time, every time.

I never stated that Apple products are 100% reliable. In fact, I wrote that like any consumer product, Apple products can have hardware/software problems. It would be illogical to claim otherwise...

I do know from personal experience that dealing with Mac hardware and operating system issues is often easier and requires less technical knowledge than Windows. I am not an Apple Fanboy; I am an operating system agnostic. I go with the tools that allow me to get my work done with the least amount of trouble. If Windows or Linux offered me benefits that are superior to the Apple system I would be on it like a dog on a bone.

Since I use Macs, switching to another OS is as simple as installing the software; the expense is minimal since I'm not required to purchase new hardware. I've used Windows on Macs in the past and I didn't run into any problems associated with using the OS with Apple hardware. Except for dealing with an initial configuration hassle dealing with the Windows default security settings I successfully used very resource-intensive Windows software via VMWare Fusion.

Frankly, I find your attitude rather off-putting. You want to post a rant about your upgrade woes on this forum? Mission Accomplished. I offered some friendly feedback. It's become perfectly clear to me that you are not open to alternatives to your current situation that have been posted, whether it entails dealing with your Windows system tech support issues in a more productive manner or having an open mind when it comes to alternatives.

So be it. I'm done with this thread and you. Good luck with your new computer; it appears that you are going to need it!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
eNo
eNo
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow