A 'hidden cost' of being a pro Locked

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
OP PenguinPhotoCo Veteran Member • Posts: 6,284
Re: Just The Normal Cost Of Doing Business...

you get a mac, plug in a new drive. It fails to work. What do YOU do?
Pack it all up and take it to the apple store?
Just buy more stuff and hope that works?
try to fix it?
Sorry, but you will never convince me apple products work 100% of the time, every time. I have a couple of ipods in the house and no, they are not perfect. Had one on monday fail to charge or recognize being plugged in to power. Left it plugged in over night (what else can be done christmas eve) and now it works fine...so I am to conclude the jobs fairy comes in the middle of the night and repairs apple products? Or that's it broken with an intermittent issue? (which is the worst kind)
My admonishon was to newbies that being a pro isn't all taking wonderful photos. Its also editing,marketing, etc - and at times a PITA, like now with a new computer.

Or you get a new camera and spend 4 hours reading the manual, another 4 trying things out, now you have to upgrade ACR/LR/PS so you can open the files.  What you though was going to be a simple, productive change turns into a couple of days of stress and no productivity.

My intent wasn't to start a mac fanboy reunion.

-- hide signature --

Before everything else, getting ready is the secret of success. -Henry Ford

PenguinPhotoCo's gear list:PenguinPhotoCo's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BAK
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
eNo
eNo
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow