What Makes a Good Image -- Getting Help From PPG (6 images)

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
breeze_of_wind
breeze_of_wind Senior Member • Posts: 1,238
What Makes a Good Image -- Getting Help From PPG (6 images)

I have been taking photos for ever - I am now 71, and a year ago I began to use PPG.  With this resource I was asking others to help me see my own work.  In that time I posted many images -- over 100 were accepted, many were refused.  I liked the process.  All you get back is a simple dichotomous answer -- accepted or not accepted.  No one tells you why, that is up to you to figure out.  What is the layout, the subject, the color, the title?  Did you present your image in a way that made sense, did it tell a story?  And then there is the fun of judging the work of others -- what do you like and dislike in the images others put out for us to judge?

I am a serious amateur, and this vehicle has helped me think about my work.  I am also color blind (miss about 45% of color differences, and the latter means I care about what comes out of the camera -- I have to trust the camera (now the K5) and all of the many excellent lenses I own (the latest being the Pentax 300mm macro).  For me being a photographer means seeing with the camera and then cropping and doing light post-processing adjustments.

All of this said, I highly recommend PPG to those who would like to think about how to improve.

I inclose six approved PPG images.

John Morris

breeze_of_wind's gear list:breeze_of_wind's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +9 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow