30 new lenses added in one go to the m4/3 system...

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
amalric
OP amalric Forum Pro • Posts: 10,839
Re: 30 new lenses added in one go to the m4/3 system...

rrr_hhh wrote:

DLBlack wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

Olymore wrote:

What compromises ?

It may actually allow better C-AF with existing M43 lenses.

just how could that be ? FT lenses are PDAF lenses, while existing MFT lenses are CDAF lensescould do you think that adding PDAF support will improve CAF on existing MFT lenses ?

Yes, it could speed up AF on MTF. With PDAF it will give ou the direction and amount of in and out so there is less need to do the many steps that CDAF needs. The comined FDAF and CDAF in the Nikon System 1 V2 is extremely fast and can track really well. Most likely better than the D800.

I see what you mean, but on the other hand Olympus said there would also be a "new special adapter allowing the use of FT lenses at their full potential"; so if the PDAF possibility resides in the adapter (what I understood), it would make no difference for existing MFT lenses.

LOL. You simply don't know, and yet you pretend to. Why wreck a thread under unknown assumptions?

Since next to m4/3 you have a FF so you must be afraid of lenses that bring to m4/3 the same resolution.

For a more rational being it would be self evident that 4/3 lenses are de facto annexed to the m4/3 so we have a big jump in IQ. For those who already have them, it's cheaper than buying HG native.

For those who don't, they simply have more choice. Faster zooms available

As for C-AF  it never was a limit to many . All I know that Oly managers promised it would be a major area of enquiry for the next camera, next to an improved EVF.

Such improvements usually trickle down to lesser models at Oly

Am..

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow