I like my 5100 more than my D7000.

Started Dec 20, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
jimmybob Regular Member • Posts: 153
Maybe a second opinion??

sworth wrote:

I upgraded from the D200 to the D7000 recently, and I immediately was getting razor sharp shots. I handed my camera to a friend who shoots with a Canon pocket camera and for the life of him, he couldn't get a sharp shot out of it. You have to "work" it with a D7000. It isn't set up for point and shoot.

I think the vast majority of all quality control complaints about camera equipment is user error. It's like someone used to driving a Kia stepping into a race car and ten minutes later saying, "There was something wrong with that car! It headed straight for a telephone pole!"

I've often wondered, of all the people that were having problems (especially those that went through multiple bodies), did they actually let someone else try their camera? What I mean is lend it out for a day to allow a good test.  I think most of us know one or two people shoot DSLR, why not a second opinion?

The D7000 just seems to be one of those beasts that either you love or hate, with no in between.

-- hide signature --

WSSA# 280
James

jimmybob's gear list:jimmybob's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sony a6000 Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Mako2011 MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow