D600 back from Nikon cleaning, has spots, anyone else?

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
k2guy Regular Member • Posts: 439
Dust problem resolved

Had spots on my D600 after about 300 shots.  Took it back to where I bought it (Samy's Camera in Pasadena, CA) and explained that I tried my Giottos Rocket Blower and it still had dust spots.  They took into their shop and used a compressed air blower and got rid of all the spots.  Seems they were difficult dust bunnies to remove.  Haven't had any since then (a week ago).  Samy's said that a few people had brought back cameras with the same thing and they blew them out and not returned.  I truly believe that the hype has been spurred by just a few instances of real problems.  I have a D7000 that was finally repaired by Nikon after they kept denying there was an oil splatter problem.  They replaced the shutter box assembly and I never had another problem since then (over a year ago).  Bottom line is I believe that the cameras had dust in them from the manufacturing process and they need to be blown out to resolve the problem.  Will keep an eye on my camera and update should any more dust bunnies show up.  Mine was definitely dust and not oil spatter.

k2guy's gear list:k2guy's gear list
Canon PowerShot A580 Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow