30 new lenses added in one go to the m4/3 system...

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
amalric
OP amalric Forum Pro • Posts: 10,839
Re: 30 new lenses added in one go to the m4/3 system...

rrr_hhh wrote:

fermy wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

Yes, but for the FT users. Let them keep their own forum where they can discuss their lenses and adapters problems.

That's a ridiculous position. If the lens works on m4/3 it makes all the sense in the world to discuss it's use on m4/3 in m4/3 forum. I for one use 4/3 40-150 on m4/3 and I am quite happy with it. I don't have 4/3 camera, nor intend to have one.

You are taking my quote out of context. What I don't want is the kind of split advocated by Almaric : GH3 plus OM-D which he names pro would merge with FT users and the other consumer mft cameras would get their own forum. I'm against a split of the mft forum. FT users getting an mft camera can join or remain in the Olympus SLR talk forum If they want to discuss their adapters problems on their own.

That's exactly what is NOT happening, because with a mindless decision of its own DPR has chosen to rename 1022 to DSLR only.

Additionally DPR proposed to have another poll about splitting the forum here. Evidently even to them it is clear enough that this forum is too crowded, so that discussions in depth are well nigh impossible.

So as cameras differentiate, AS WITH OTHER BRANDS, comes the moment that a segmentation is needed. The widening of scope of the system announced by the Pro model with adapter, and the way you underestimate it is just a good example of how even the most momentous information is buried  under very short sighted beginners' needs.

So it is just a logical consequence to ask for more elbow room for one of the most discussed systems in the whole DPR.

Nevertheless the discussion about 4/3 lenses can be clearly separated from the other needs of the forums. Even while I might not be a user of the new lenses it certainly makes me rejoice to have more choice instead of less. Preventing others from having what they want has always seemed to me a sure sign of intolerance.

The price to pay for this blindness is that other sites are developing where it is much easier to discuss m4/3 AND mirrorless as a whole, showing that a repressive attitude by 'mirror owners' (LOL) is only self defeating.

Am.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow