30 new lenses added in one go to the m4/3 system...

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
rrr_hhh Veteran Member • Posts: 6,022
Re: 30 new lenses added in one go to the m4/3 system...

fermy wrote:

rrr_hhh wrote:

Yes, but for the FT users. Let them keep their own forum where they can discuss their lenses and adapters problems.

That's a ridiculous position. If the lens works on m4/3 it makes all the sense in the world to discuss it's use on m4/3 in m4/3 forum. I for one use 4/3 40-150 on m4/3 and I am quite happy with it. I don't have 4/3 camera, nor intend to have one.

You are taking my quote out of context. What I don't want is the kind of split advocated by Almaric : GH3 plus OM-D which he names pro would merge with FT users and the other consumer mft cameras would get their own forum. I'm against a split of the mft forum. FT users getting an mft camera can join or remain in the Olympus SLR talk forum If they want to discuss their adapters problems on their own.

It doesn't make much sense to get non native lenses if you are only an mft user, especially if you have kept another DSLR system along with your mft camera (and we are a lot, probably more than there are FT users).

In case you don't know people use literally tons of legacy glass on m4/3, not just 4/3 lenses. I guess they didn't get the memo.

Thank you, I know about it, since I own five legacy lenses myself, in fact that is the very reason which drew me into mft at first. Although, judging by the posts appearing now in the forum, there are probably much less folks still using legacy lenses now that the system has grown and that so many native lenses are available. I see much more talk about the new native lenses than about adapters and legacy than there were two or three years ago.

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

rrr_hhh's gear list:rrr_hhh's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha a7R Olympus E-M5 II Sony Alpha a7R II +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow