30 new lenses added in one go to the m4/3 system...

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
SHood Veteran Member • Posts: 5,062
Re: 30 new lenses added in one go to the m4/3 system...

drj3 wrote:

If Olympus wants a "pro" camera, they need to have fast, high quality zoom and telephoto lenses. They already have these for the FT and not yet for the mFT. Even it they developed a 300mm, 2.8 lens or a 90-250mm 2.8 zoom for the mFT, the lenses would still be very large and heavy. Being able to use the current FT lenses would seem like a significant advantage at least for now while they develop fast pimes for the mFT. I personally prefer the Olympus FT lens to the Panasonic mFT options, since Olympus cameras do not correct for lens distortion. I also fear that future Panasonic cameras may not to continue to support software correction of distortion for current lenses as the number of lenses mutiply. I have had too may printers and scanners which are no longer supported by upgrades of operating system software to be confident of future support.

Do we even need long lenses this fast with the latest sensor advances for m43.  I would rather prefer a very good quality 300mm  f4 for around $2500.  It would also be smaller and lighter with the potential for being handheld.

SHood's gear list:SHood's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow