30 new lenses added in one go to the m4/3 system...

Started Dec 23, 2012 | Discussions thread
amalric
OP amalric Forum Pro • Posts: 10,839
Re: 30 new lenses added in one go to the m4/3 system...

rpm40 wrote:

This is definitely a plus for the system moving in a more serious direction. While it won't make early m4/3 users happy as they will be encouraged to upgrade their bodies, I don't think it is a problem for serious 4/3 and other users, as most early m4/3 bodies weren't up to the task in their eyes anyway. Now that bodies like the om-d and gh3 are just about there, the new models can take that next step and the big, pricey and beautiful 4/3 lenses start to make sense.

Even for those that like the small size of m4/3, like myself, there's still nothing to replace the 12-60 or the 50-200, both great lenses, and if focus speed was good enough, I'm sure many of them will find new homes on the upcoming bodies.

Along the same reasoning I am proposing that a yr. from now a dual brand forum for high tier cameras be created, while 1022 will more or less die.

From some hints I know that this will not be a popular proposal but a Pro OM-D and a GH3 with pro lenses are in a different ballpark.

One cannot always argue that m4/3 cams must be minuscule, that lenses must be had only for brats and pets.

Or even worse, arguing that this is a gear forum, so photography to the dogs. I am not even sure that I'll ever own a 'Pro' camera, so it is a selfless proposal.

What I do care instead is that people can discuss photography *made with m4/3* cameras. Difference, difference - from mere discussing gear, with the eyesight of a mole.

Am.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow